Tuesday, January 24, 2012

IT'S A BOY!!

On Tuesday, November 22 I woke up at 4:00 a.m. to go to the bathroom and was surprised that my water was breaking!  Nathan's alarm was going off because it was time for him to get up to go to work, but I made him jump out of bed when I told him that I thought my water was breaking!  His response was "Are you sure you just didn't pee yourself?! Just stand there and see if more comes out."  So I did.  Then right away I said "Oh yes my water is really breaking!"  Nathan gets out of bed and starts getting dressed, I then go and tell my parents which also made my dad spring right out of the bed!  I had nothing ready because I was scheduled for the 28th. And of course I had planned for that day to get my bag ready. (It always happens that way.  They say it does...and it really does!) So I grabbed a bunch of crap and threw it into a bag, and Nathan wanted to go warm up the car!  I told him to chill out and slow down because I wanted to take a shower! So we get to the hospital at 6:00 feeling fine.  We waited in front of the hospital for 15 minutes waiting for any doctor to call us back.  We get the call and we were in the room at 6:20!  They get me all ready and told me I would be taken into the OR at 7:00.  I was starting to freak out and of course started crying, because I have never been in the hospital before, in a gown, in a bed, hooked up to machines and having surgery!  I was nervous....7:00 came fast and they took me in to get prepped, and all I wanted was Nathan to help me get through the shot, but he couldn't be in there until I was done and laying down on the bed.  He came in at 7:20, the doctors came in and started about 7:30 and our little miracle arrived at 7:51!
A smile with tears of joy, fear and anticipation!
 
The waiting proud daddy!
LANDON ROBERT BROOKS
5lbs. 13 oz.
We waited 38 weeks for this very moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment